Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I had deleted my Smog Pump along time ago as well as had the PCM reprogrammed for it but never took off the aluminum crossover tube from one side exhaust manifold to the other. Since I recently rebuilt the motor and put it back in I want to go ahead and plug the exhaust manifolds where the tubes screwed into. So my question is where can I purchase the large Bolts to plug the exhaust manifolds? I know NAISSO superstore used to sell them but I looked and couldnt find them there. Where can I buy these? Thx Steve

·
Registered
205 Posts
Do a search for 'air pump delete' there are like 3 good threads on this topic. I used the jeep drain plug from NAPA referneced in one of the threads. Good Luck.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I used the stock bolt and cut the tube, smashed the tube closed, and folded it over and put it on my headers.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
......So my question is where can I purchase the large Bolts to plug the exhaust manifolds......
Got mine from True Value.

I think they're 3/4"......been a long time.....

KW

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
The no kidding scoop on manifold plugs.

'95 cars have 2 versions of fittings. The difference is shown in these 2 pics:
'94-early '95

Late '95-'96

Notice the fittings on the manifolds. The threads in the manifold itself ARE different.

If you have an early '95, you can use these oil drain plugs that can be bought at Napa for a few bucks. I'm told the part number is BK 7041016.

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=BK_7041016_0282450010

If you have a late '95, you can use a 5/8" flare cap, availible at your local Lowe's.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
.......If you have a late '95, you can use a 5/8" flare cap, availible at your local Lowe's.

Yes....this is what I have on my SLP Headers......5/8" is the correct size!

KW

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
-10 AN fitting works as well for the later years, on the stock manifolds they are the same opening they just have a fitting that converts it to a flare, you can take that fitting out and us the plug as posted above instead of the cap for a lower profile installation, but with headers they come with a flare so you have to use an AN cap or the cap that was posted above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts