Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD!!

Snakey's Apexcone 4500K/9006/Low beam HID kit

The HID's turned out to be a little too high profile for my daily driver. I also had to aim them down so much, I wasn't getting any illumination advantage over Halogen, so I went back to Halogen and aimed them way up (HAHA)

I only had them on my truck for 3 weeks or so and most of that is daytime driving, so I would say they've only been used a couple of hours maybe.

I had to cut the rubber boot\gasket off so if you need that to seal up your headlight housing, you're out of luck.

What you see is what you get

Basically a new kit, minus headlight boot and mounting tape

55$ - Shipped in the United States

Send money via paypal to: [email protected]hoo.com

These are the boots that are no longer on the kit.

·
Registered
920 Posts
what exactly does the headlight boot serve a purpose in? securing the bulb? I'm interested but need to know if there's a way of repairing this

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
There is usually no use for the boot.

There are some cars that use a cap to cover behind the headlight. You would drill a hole in the cap and the boot is used as a grommet to seal the hole and the wiring still being able to pass through the cap.

Like this:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is usually no use for the boot.

There are some cars that use a cap to cover behind the headlight. You would drill a hole in the cap and the boot is used as a grommet to seal the hole and the wiring still being able to pass through the cap.

Like this:
Thanks

Yeah my buddy used them in his 06 Monte Carlo, it had a factory rubber boot that sealed up the the entire housing, in my truck the bulb itself seals the housing.

These are aftermarket but it will give you an idea...

see how the bulbs are hidden behind the two circular plugs or boots?

·
Registered
920 Posts
got ya! thanks for the help, almost a done deal just 1 more question... I haven't had a chance to check it out but does the impala headlights require this boot to serve as a grommet?

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
^^ Lol. That will probably have to be an answer you find out yourself, as we dont own wimpala's :D

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got ya! thanks for the help, almost a done deal just 1 more question... I haven't had a chance to check it out but does the impala headlights require this boot to serve as a grommet?
Well no...but these ARE 9006 bulbs... not the 9005 that go in 94-96 Impalas unless you are talking about a different vehicle.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
B-bodies use a 9004 bulb.

Thought you were actually looking for them on your 2003 impala. on the 03's, it seems you need the grommet anyways.

·
Registered
920 Posts
ahh, BUMP!
Apologize for the confusion as I mistakenly assumed these were for bulbs for b-body gen. vehicles.

Goodluck with the sale DB

Looks like I'm gona have to bite the bullet soon and buy a set from you snakey

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ahh, BUMP!
Apologize for the confusion as I mistakenly assumed these were for bulbs for b-body gen. vehicles.

Goodluck with the sale DB

Looks like I'm gona have to bite the bullet soon and buy a set from you snakey
I heard he's got em for cheap! :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Are they still available ? If so, I have Paypal waiting. Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks for the heads up 305, but they are for my Bonneville:D. I already have DDMs in my Caprice. They are a great product!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts