Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way home and this lil honda kept running up on my AZZ. So I punch it like a damn fool. B4U only max out at 110 cause I aint done nothing to it yet..... I felt like a damn fool...... Fellas why the hell did chevy gov it like that Dayum. And yes my car is a LT1.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
On my way home and this lil honda kept running up on my AZZ. So I punch it like a damn fool. B4U only max out at 110 cause I aint done nothing to it yet..... I felt like a damn fool...... Fellas why the hell did chevy gov it like that Dayum. And yes my car is a LT1.
Because stock tires are not rated for higher speeds. Let the honda chump be a fool and wreck his popcan.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Retune it to match Z rated tires and you don't have that problem. I also don't trust these cars to that speed, even though I programed out my speed limiter on both cars just out of principle.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
"No Fellas I Have Z Rated Tires On My Car. Big Foot And I Haven't Tweaked My Car Yet..."

Z rated tires were not the stock tires on your B4U. Have your PCM tuned and the speed limiter removed. 1157 posts and you didn't know that?

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Didnt know these things had a speed limiter.....

Well, i guess mine wouldnt, since its a 9c1. Impala's dont have this? Do they? Lol cant say ive ever been over 90 in the impala......

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
caprice limiter is set at 108 (per stock tire ratings)
IIRC impala is set at 140
..still waiting to tune mine out

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Retune it to match Z rated tires and you don't have that problem. I also don't trust these cars to that speed, even though I programed out my speed limiter on both cars just out of principle.
Well when I was a Deputy I did. And the last 9C1s were always super tough. This is my 1st B4U and it rides real nice.

Sounds like mod time to me.:D

And you know it MAAAAN. Plus I have a couple of 9c1 pcms that I could just switch out right.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
caprice limiter is set at 108 (per stock tire ratings)
IIRC impala is set at 140
..still waiting to tune mine out
Dude your so rt. It would go between 108-110. Lol....smart man. I guess since B4U were the LT1 family cars. They didn't want it to run with the 9C1 or the Impala.

My 90(Tan) top speed was 119 Stokes County Sheriffs car. N.C.

My 92 (Blue Over Grey)LTZ was 123 Bought from a guy that just turned 95 years old....WOW.

My 94(White) 9C1 was 144 Bought from fellow Bail Agent for a whopping $1300 with 101,120 in 2005.

My 96(White with Blue Corvette Lt1 pin stripe) 9C1 was 143 The nicest car I owned until now.Sold to dope boy for $6000 bucks...... Bitter sweat day.....

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Damn you guys make me feel like a wreckless driver wit all that slow drivin yall do lol! First "mod" i did to my wagon was a computer tune. But ive gotten all/most my bbodys past 140.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Didnt know these things had a speed limiter.....

Well, i guess mine wouldnt, since its a 9c1. Impala's dont have this? Do they? Lol cant say ive ever been over 90 in the impala......
Factory programming set fuel cutoff at 147mph for 9C1's with 235/70/15 V-rated tires and 130mph if originally equipped with 225/70/15 H-rated tires. GM discouraged sales of the 9C1 with LT1 and 225's, but it was allowed. The '95 9C1 brochure states that option VZ2 (130 mph speed limiter) is required in that case.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.