Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 imp that I picked up for $150!!! I know I know, motor knocks when you first start it up then it "goes away" my mechanic is saying to take it out and put new gaskets in it (oil leaks) and then throw a set of bearings in it and ride on..... But what are some OTHER options like finding a different motor (LS1 or LT4) or somthing from a junk yard, and then what would the $$$$$ look like?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Well, I have a good 95 short block taking up space in the garage that I would sell cheap. That is one option :)

I'd get it running good for cheap and flip it myself.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to

I want to but "she" helped me clean it up and she's always been sweet on the 96 imp. So gotta make momma happy. :) What u asking for the LT1? Complete? Miles?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know!!

I tried to buy it from the guy about 6 months ago, he trashed the motor, and the interior needs some love, but yeah $150!!

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Pic's of the car and the girl, or this didn't happen...............:D

Anyhow, a "cheap", procured engine from a forum member, is a great way to start. Pull it down, put bearings, rings, and seals in a fresh bottom end with some new lifters, pushrod, guide seals, and valvesprings and your golden for about 5 miles til' you want more........ Really though the above would last this car for a good long while and carry you through some mods.

Chris

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heres the pics,

I was amazed he said yes. But oh well,

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just want her to enjoy the car

As much as Ive enjoyed my 96 since 99, I want her to have one, and i figure we can work through it together. She loves the style of these cars. It had 178,000 on the clock but for $150 I couldnt believe it!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Wow, you friggin stole that thing for $150!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
is that a replacement fender or is it a caprice? Either way thats still a score, just needs a lil TLC and your girl is PYT, so congrats on both accounts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure on the fender, it has 178,000 on the clock,

But the car overall is in good shape, I gotta get some sorta rust chemical>>? The title says Impala SS. :):):):)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Your win with the $150 purchase. Crackhead that sold it total you total loss on their part.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
But the car overall is in good shape, I gotta get some sorta rust chemical>>? The title says Impala SS. :):):):)
check for the WX3 in the trunk SPID label

Your win with the $150 purchase. Crackhead that sold it total you total loss on their part.
i was thinking the same thing

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
With that fender and the interior it looks like a Cappie but either way for a $150 THATS A DEAL!

·
Registered
796 Posts
+1 on the suggestion to look for the WX3 code. Again, it's a steal of a deal either way!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep it has the WX3 code

I took a pic of it after I left the shop.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts