Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not doing the car-puter on this build but it has began. :)

Sent from my PG86100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
running 4 punch p1s a hifonics amp "Looks like the 2000" and several infinity kappas.Whats your headunit?Going sealed box or blow thru?ive never been a fan of the infinity line but the kappas do have a smooth sound to them for a decent budget.Btw what carputer setup were you building?Ive done several and always love to read up on how others tackle the beast so to speak

·
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
correct, correct,

i have always liked the kappa's they are very "bright"

alpine CDA 9886R

it will be a box inside of a box, sealed box, firing into a chamber thats ported to the back dash.

·
Registered
124 Posts
ok so its a blow thru 4th order box.Not bad just remember if your using the P1s that rockford was never really good with there displacement figures on the subs so make sure to add 10% for possible error and dont do the usual adding the port dimentions x4 because your using 4 subs.Use the figures for 2 subs and add more to your rear section.Bass box pro works very well for calculations on this type of box FYI

·
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so its a blow thru 4th order box.Not bad just remember if your using the P1s that rockford was never really good with there displacement figures on the subs so make sure to add 10% for possible error and dont do the usual adding the port dimentions x4 because your using 4 subs.Use the figures for 2 subs and add more to your rear section.Bass box pro works very well for calculations on this type of box FYI
are you coming to WCG?

add 10%?

no real reason to using the p1's beyond i got all 4 for like 80$. i figured **** it, normally i am a JL guy (old school JL anyways)

·
Registered
124 Posts
yea ill be at WCG, The bad imp and 2 other cars that ive put together will be there so im gonna always be near,Besides vegas is my home how can i miss a get together like this!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
if your Ported internal volume Minus driver displacement is supposed to be 1.75 cf corrected,Add 10%to that figure per sub and then allot that to the REAR chamber of your box ie your rear section will be the one with the port firing thru the deck then board subs then front wall.you should have 20%more space in the back of the box than the front .Heres the math,Subs are 1.75 ported and corrected "Again just a number im using "
Plus 10%makes required space 1.925x4 subs total 7.7 20%of that is 1.54.half of the total box is 3.85 add 1.54 IE your 20%extra for rear chamber your rear chamber is going to be roughly 5.39 abouts and the balance in the front of the subs
Again ive gotten into math arguments before about this yet every time i have applied this to any 4th order box i can always tune lower and at a more stable freq than if i didnt.Just works for me and its the reason why i stay away from blow thru boxes my head hurts after all the adding and subtraction i have to do
lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
essentially your making the figures 10%larger and then building the divider in your box to make it 60/40 with the 60 %of the total volume in the section that carries the port

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Good deal Wolf! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
i have always liked the kappa's they are very "bright"
pics..........!

you know youre getting olde when you yank out your sub box lol
yours looks alot noicer for sure

I have the references I think and the infinity 4 channel amp they were selling about 7 years ago, sound quality twas just so so considering the components and wires I put in.
I finally changed out the old pioneer 1.5 din head unit for a new one with all the bells and whistles, big difference.
shoulda done that alot sooner cwm3

·
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i only like alpine head units, i have sony, jvc, kenwoods, pioneer, panasonic from the cheaps to the 500$ single din units,

something about alpine, just always has sounded better to me

·
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good deal Wolf! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
your not gonna see it, i am putting up a false wall, i like the stock look,

no wires, no amps, no subs, no lights, just a tiny trunk and a loud ass stereo system :D

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
i only like alpine head units, i have sony, jvc, kenwoods, pioneer, panasonic from the cheaps to the 500$ single din units,

something about alpine, just always has sounded better to me
must be all them hondas in the southland :D

I just went to crutchfield, punched in my requirements and lol behold mostly pioneers.
then to amazon for best reviews/prices and purchase.
its got high preamp voltage so maybe that matches the amp better, that 1.5 din PH747whatever I replaced was old lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts