Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nothing today. Yesterday, went yard diving. Got the left side exhaust hangers, and a bunch of other things I was looking for.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Found that the Midas guys basically pounded their way through my upper control arm dust covers to get to the shock bolts. Split the driver's side in two, pounded/cut a hole in the passenger side.

Never letting anyone touch my car again.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Well, maybe just not Midas again.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Found that the Midas guys basically pounded their way through my upper control arm dust covers to get to the shock bolts. Split the driver's side in two, pounded/cut a hole in the passenger side.
:(:mad:cwm6cwm8

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
So what did you do today.......
B-Body Related?

Had the insurance adjuster come by the house to have my 9C1 checked out (I think they'll total it).

Aside from that......I voted.

KW

·
Registered
581 Posts
If you are talking about those rubber flaps, honestly I'm surprised they are still around. Usually they get deteriorated from the heat of the exhaust manifolds/headers and worn out by winter salt. I did find that RMS Auto Parts has a kit with the rubber fender flaps along with the similar pieces for the radiator plus mounting hardware for $25 + shipping. Impala SS / Caprice / Roadmaster? / Fleetwood? baffle kit. Ordered a set of those along with a bunch of other stuff from them the other week got them in looks pretty good quality and a great price compared the prices of the pieces separately. - Peter

Never letting anyone touch my car again.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I washed my 9c1....then it rained.
Happens quite a bit here on island...its dry on one side of a mountain range, go thru the tunnel and its a downpour

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Yesterday I removed the passenger and drivers 12-way Bonnies to get a feel for how much they weigh, will probably swap them w/ a nonpowered seat (drivers only) for SSHS. Started wiring in the Line Lock but could not finish because it got too late for a Radio Shack run. Will probably finish that tonight.

Will also try out removing the front sway-bar to see how much trouble it'll be doing that in the pits at SSHS.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
let me re-phrase that: I practically detailed my car....then it rained.:)
Oh.....well in that case, you were definately asking for it!

:p

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
If you are talking about those rubber flaps, honestly I'm surprised they are still around. Usually they get deteriorated from the heat of the exhaust manifolds/headers and worn out by winter salt. I did find that RMS Auto Parts has a kit with the rubber fender flaps along with the similar pieces for the radiator plus mounting hardware for $25 + shipping. Impala SS / Caprice / Roadmaster? / Fleetwood? baffle kit. Ordered a set of those along with a bunch of other stuff from them the other week got them in looks pretty good quality and a great price compared the prices of the pieces separately. - Peter
Why thank you kind sir. Order on its way!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts