Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a new 9c1 a week ago....drove it 100 miles home, brakes seemed fine, a little soft but driveable.

After letting the car sit for a week while I did some other work I took it out and the brakes were much softer, car still stopped but just barely, and I had the brake light come on.

I'm going to bleed the system but I just wanted to check in and see if there is anything else I should look at. MC is full and nothing is leaking that I can tell.

I know the previous owner put a new MC on a couple years ago...but the car mainly sat afterwards. I'm thinking he might not have bleed the MC before install?
Any thing else that would make the brakes soft (without a leak) other than air in the MC or lines/calipers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind...got back today and there was a puddle of brake fluid under the car. Blew a hard line out inside the line holder that's mounted on the frame under the MC.

Hard lines all looked fine...they're just rusted out inside the line holder...something to check out on my wagon as well I guess!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts