Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

i just finished wiring up my conversion -- when i turn the key, the solenoid clicks, and sort of hums. however, the starter doesn't turn over, nor is there the sound of any of that type of action.

i don't have a vats bypass module wired up (yet), so perhaps that is the problem, but from what i read, you should be able to have the starter turn over without a vats module.

from what i've read, it could be my N/S switch thats bad, but if thats the case, why is voltage getting all the way to the solenoid?

sooo, i guess my question is, is my starter bad, or is it something else?

any help would be appreciated,

tyler

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Worst case scenerio, take off your starter, and have it checked at Autozone or equivilent. You may be able to bypass the starter solenoid, and get the starter to turn. Above said, if your starter worked before the redo, it should still be OK. You probably have another issue. Only trouble shooting will find the culprit. If there is anything that can cause the problem, make sure it is operational. Do not assume that not hooking something up will still allow things to work. Do you have an FSM? If not you should get one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.