Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was looking at some high power coaxial speakers
but the range is 20hz-7khz.

if im correct isnt that a midbass/midrange by on its frequency?

shouldnt that be a component?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Everywhere I have looked they say they are coaxial speakers or full range, but they don't say they with Tweeters. So I am guessing they are just Midbass'.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what im saying. so im going with another set they have that has 200 watts each cuz i want some bass in there and i want them a bit high as well.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I'd look into a pair of Pioneer D series speakers, components or coax speakers. You'll be happy with their output. You'll want to amp them though. Any stock or aftermarket HU won't really do justice to most speakers.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i had a good system but i want to redo it. i have a 4 channel for my speakers inside. does anyone know of a good amp for tweeters or should i just put bass blockers?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
A component set will come with crossovers so you won't need bass blockers.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i know that but i have tweeters everywhere. i know component gives me better sound quality but that doesnt help if ill have tweeters on my pillars. Get it? if i could save $ buying the blockers i will do so if it doesnt f up my sound otherwise id have to get a crossover or 3rd amp

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Any amp that crosses the tweeters at a frequency they'll like would run you a pretty penny. Most amps go up to about 400 Hz for tweeters. You'd probably want almost 10 times that frequency, maybe like 3.5 kHz.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just some advice-for high end-the words Quality and Lanzar should be far from eachother

·
Registered
444 Posts
Any amp that crosses the tweeters at a frequency they'll like would run you a pretty penny. Most amps go up to about 400 Hz for tweeters. You'd probably want almost 10 times that frequency, maybe like 3.5 kHz.

X2 Just run passive crossovers and don't use the tweeters that come with the comps. As long as they are close to the same ohm rating they will crossover close to the same point.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Actually The newer opti line isn't that bad. Yes it isn't the greatest, But for the price there is far worse.
i seen some in a store around here an they looked good they were like 74 an change

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Which ones you looking at? Plan on buying some?
not sure but they looked pretty beefy an like everybody knos the opti is where its at with lanzar

·
Registered
260 Posts
hey if it sounds good go for it-I havent heard Lanzar in a while so maybe I need to take a listen to them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts