Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...i dont really know much bout audio and stuff... but i have 2 12's and a 1200 watt amp both sony explod.... and stock head unit....and i notice that when i turn the speakers on a lil more than half .... my subs cut out...maybe the wiring? or bad ground? if anyone knows what the problem is please let me know as i dont know much bout audio. ok thanks -Simpson

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
how do you have the amp hooked up to the rear speakers spliced into a rca converter or/ more info....

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well... what are you using as your ground?
How high is the gain? How do you have them wired?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont really know i had a place do the instal... as i said i dont know much bout audio stuff and etc...but i can possiblly take pics or something?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by UndercoverPunk:
Well... what are you using as your ground?
How high is the gain? How do you have them wired?

+1...... or the power wire isn't run all the way to the battery.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What guage wire did you use in your installation for the power?

And where is it getting the power from (Battery or the Brass Terminal near the fire wall [sorry to lazy to remember the proper name of that :D ])?

I wonder if the AMP is going in to "Safe Mode"?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not sure... as i got it wired a while back...but heres what im thinking... the gauge of the wire?... i thinkt he wiring kit was gesigned for max 1000 watts but i have the 1200 watt amp? thats the problem maybe? and yes its getting the power from the batter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts