Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quicky.....what part and how much of the front door should be covered with the ice shield? Inside of outer door skin? Just part of it? All of it? Inside of the door frame? (Where the panel attaches) Thanks.......

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As much as you can. The more the better IMO.
I will be going back in in hte spring and putting a second layer on. But one layer did wonders for me.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One layer should be fine. There is a point of diminishing returns. The material is a damper that will absorb structure borne vibration. More mass is more damping but basically well placed patches work fine.
In general barrier patches won't do much for airborne noise so if you are not getting vibrations you're pretty much good.

-PJ

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one layer of dynamat extreme on my front doors. the difference was night and day. i actually forget if i put it on the rear doors. but i have the doors, dash, rear deck and trunk all done with dynamat. but i have yet to do the floor and roof. if youre not worried about weight, then go crazy and do 2 or 3 layers worth. heres a pic of my whole door with extreme.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts