Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about the effort to make the new Camaro look inspired by the 1969 interior, and I've been looking at many 64 Impala interiors. Truthfully I've never been to impressed with my 94 Impala interior. The radio and a/c section just looks like a huge eyesore. Anyway, this might sound crazy, but, the 93 Caprice dash is shaped very similar to the 64 Impala, it could almost look like it was inspired by the 64's.

I'm thinking about swapping, putting a 93 Caprice dash into my 94 Impala and putting diamond plate/chrome in certain places to make it look nice. My concern is the speedo, I wonder if I could hack it and then print a face plate to read 150 mph, then put chrome knobs and such. Also my SS has the passenger airbag, so I'd have to use my door cover probably and cut the caprice dash.

Inspired by ALT-F13's pic: (nicely done by the way)

And the one from Streetrodderweb dot com

Any ideas on fitment? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Should work, the guy with the red and white wagon did that swap the other wway around along with an LT1

I want to swap a 95 Roadie dash in my 92 wagon, havent bought the parts car GL with the swap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good, kinda of figured it might, I think even the Oldsmobile has a cluster like the caprice but with round gauges. But I'll be looking for ways to make the diamond trim and knobs as well as a cool double-din radio. I think it would be a cool swap, as long as my airbag bolts in there somewhere! lol thanks

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Now that I think about it, I belive the internal dash is different, it may not work, but dont quote me on that anything is possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts