Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently moved to Florida. Does anybody know some good quality body shops that can paint my 9C1? It needs quite a bit of body work. I'm trying to figure out if it's cheaper to get a different body in good shape and transfer my motor, tranny, rear end, exhaust and stuff or have the body work done. Either way I am going to have it painted a nice candy blue. I live in the Palm Beach area. I can do all the mechanical work myself, but I am no body guy.

· Registered
11,638 Posts
Have you tried your local vo-tech school? They can do the body work for very little money. Then you could take it to a regular paint shop for the shiny stuff. They can paint it too, but it is not show quality.

· Registered
674 Posts
Theres a place called Mad mods. The guys name is Bob. He's been around for almost 12 years now. He's the one who did the work on my bike and will be doing my car. Here's some pics of what he did to my bike

Address is

1306 S Dixie HWY
Pompano Beach, Fl 33060

And phone number is

(954)785-7267

And his myspace page with some of his work

www.myspace.com/madmods

· Registered
674 Posts

· Registered
375 Posts
That was my baby. A week after having it redone I got t-boned :(
Was it a gray hair? You know you live in FL. when a 85 year old who can't see over the wheel T-bones you and doesn't know she has done it!!! (been there and done that)
On the Paint I have a friend that did mine for a good price, but he is on the slow side. I live about 20 mins. south of Tampa, if you are intrested let me know I can get you his info.

· Registered
198 Posts
I thought MADMODS was in Orlando?

· Registered
674 Posts
Mad mods was in orlando at one point.

He's orginally from south florida, then moved to orlando. He then came back down here opened a shop in ft lauderdale and just recently moved it to pompano

· Registered
78 Posts
I'll try and get you the info later on in the week, since i dont have a computer at home yet. But in Miami where i got my car painted is THE place to go for candy. Avg cost is gonna be around $5k depending on your body work. But this shop does most of the candy out of Miami.

· Registered
1,166 Posts
there's a place around kendall i know everybody goes to cuz the price is pretty cheap and they do a great job. B&C industry does amazing work no matter what you give them they will give you show quality. just make sure ur wallet size is the size of a baseball. they dont HALF ass. but they do layaway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.