Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed or had any negatives on these taylor spark plug wiring looms?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TAY-42561/

I want to clean up the engine bay somewhat and my plug wires get close to my headers, i have the little plastic holders, but i noticed a wire slipped out and was on the header. they look like they work fine on these F-bodies, but just curious if any of you have used them on your b-bodies

So if anyone has any info on these and how good they work, let me know

Thanks

·
Registered
932 Posts
Likey!!

Ooooh! I like that!

Is that the Taylor wires for the F-body or the B-body??

I wonder if that would work with my SLP's??

???????

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I installed them the other week. So far no problems.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ooooh! I like that!

Is that the Taylor wires for the F-body or the B-body??

I wonder if that would work with my SLP's??

???????
the pics after link are for the f-body, the link, is was i searched on that site

I installed them the other week. So far no problems.
any pics? what headers are you running?

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I just went outside and took a couple for you.
I'm running FLP headers. I was running LT4 Valve covers but had to put my og's back on to work with this kit.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just went outside and took a couple for you.
I'm running FLP headers. I was running LT4 Valve covers but had to put my og's back on to work with this kit.

thanks bro did you have to custom taylor the wires or were they in a entire kit? i just need the looms, but if i have to custom fab the wires i might as well get them too

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Mine was the whole kit from Thunder Racing.
The opti ends that come with that kit are for an F body but will work on the B body. Just some of the boots end up against the accessory bracket.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Greenhornet, what dipstick is that? sorry for the threadjack babyblue

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Greenhornet, what dipstick is that? sorry for the threadjack babyblue
PM sent.

Word of caution. That dip stick is on because I broke the original one off, fighting with that #6 plug. What a bitch that was:mad:

Here's a link to a thread about ovc wires.
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=243912&highlight=otv+plug+wires

If you do some home work and searching you might be able to piece together something cheaper.

Next time I'm gonna try this ( http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ACC-170064/ ) opti boot kit. It seems like it has the proper boots to work on a B body.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Lookin good GreenHornet. Is the guage for oil or fuel pressure? It looks nice mounted that way.

ZACH

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Hornet,....I have Corvette Composit valve covers. Are you saying those Looms WON'T fit these covers ???
They seemed like they would leak with the lt4 covers. They don't sit flush down against the top because of the way the bolts seal on the lt4 covers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.