Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas or seen speakers mounted in areas in the 94-96 B-Body's other than stock locations? IE...Kickpods, rear doors????

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ive seen kick panels, but i hear there hard to do beacuse of the e brake and computer
For the back, ive seen in the rear doors, prolly very easy since theres room there already. Ive seen in the C pillar, but it covered the window, and ive seen it moved around in the rear deck in order to make room for subs

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check out my car i put speakers in the rear doors

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've mounted tweeters on the front door skins, and in the rear on the pillars. Next thing to think about is where to mount crossovers if any. I mounted the rears to the bottom of the rear deck and mounted the fronts in the door opening w/o a problem. If you wanna check out some install pics check out my sounddomain url

Jim

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mounted some expensive tweeters behind the air vents in each corner in addition to the components in the door. I played with phase for a while, and decided it sounded better inverted. It really was impressive how much it brought the soundstage "up" from down lower.

Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts