Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have an amp that has 100 watts to a 4ohm speaker. What would happen If I hook two 4ohm speakers to the one side (channel)? Is that an 8 ohm load to that channel and only 50 watts to each speaker How does this work and does it cause any possible problems. Thanks for any and all info.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let's get a little more info. It all depends on the amp.

Is it 2 channel, 4 channel, 1 channel??

Is that 100 watts at 4 ohm stereo or mono?

If you connect both postives to the positive side and both negatives to the neg side, then you will be a 2 ohms, and that could be bad.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a soundstream Lilttle Wounder amp 200 and (2) Soundstream D100 amps.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the amps two ohm stable? If yes, than you can wire the subs parallel, if not, then you cant.

Peter

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is from there web site.I have the LIL wounder for my sub`s. All amplifiers: THD: < 0.1% (20Hz to 20kHz) 4 ohm, 12.6v. Signal-To-Noise: > 100dB. *This is not a mistake! **Fixed - F; Variable - V; Parametric - P Due to continuing improvements product specifications are subject to change. (The Lil’ Wonder) measures 7 x 113/8 x 21/4 . The Lil’ Wonder 4 measures 11 x 113/8 x 21/4

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rated Power (2 ohms, 14.4V) Do I need a Farid Thing? so not to kill my battery or cook the alt. ?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so its only puttin out about 100 watts or like 200 max?

No u don't need a capacitor.

I just purchased a soundstream tarantula amp thats [email protected] and i'm going to run a 2nd battery and a cap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts