Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that you need to remove the rear seats of the car to get to the speakers in the parcel shelf, but I'm having a hard time locating the fasteners holding the rear seat in place. Is that all I need to do to get them out?

Also in the doors, how will I remove the door panels safely and what is the biggest speaker I can fit in them without modification?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
I've read that you need to remove the rear seats of the car to get to the speakers in the parcel shelf, but I'm having a hard time locating the fasteners holding the rear seat in place. Is that all I need to do to get them out?

Also in the doors, how will I remove the door panels safely and what is the biggest speaker I can fit in them without modification?

Thanks!
I'll take a stab at this for you. It,s been a while since I replaced my Speakers. Not hard to do and I believe the rear speakers just like any other car I've done over the years don't require the seat to be removed. Just pop the covers off from the deck area to see them. Can't remember if they dropped in or were bolted in from the trunk area. Those are 6x9's there.

The fronts will require you pull the door panel and are just screwed into the door. I believe 4x6 plate type speakers go there but also search the forum for the 6.5" option that some have added. This is on my mod list when I get money for new speakers and the thread also has dimensions on the plate that you can make from 1/2" plywood to fit these there.

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
You may also have speakers on the top inserts. They are heat riveted, and you would have to remove the ends of the "rivets" to get them off.

If you have to remove the rear seats, and I believe you do not have to, the bolts for the seat back are at the bottom, and the top just slips over/clips on. You only have to remove the two bolts, and push up.

The rear speakers should be bolted, or screwed to the deck under the cover grilles, or parcel self.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts