Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm gettin ready to replace the factory speakers and wanted to get some input. What do you guys think are the best brands to install in the Impala, I'm gonna put the 6.5" in the door. I was thinking about brands like Alumapro, Marathon, Cadence, Memphis. So what else is out there that would be better? I'm also looking at later on maybe toward a some what competition system so any input would help.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price range?

Alumapro= NO don't waste your money for no reason, they are very over priced even if they are a nice product

I'm guessing if you'd pay alumapro prices then memphis and cadence stuff wouldn't be next in line at those prices...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
go with digital designs. from what i have heard there components are seconds to none, and dont break the bank either. and everything they make is great, even if there logo if off centered.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was at a local shop here in Savannah GA called Franks Electronics. The guys in there talked good things about Planet Audio, saying that Planet Audio's low end products are equal to Memphis's high end products. Price seems pretty decent $60 for 6.5 and $60 for the 6x9's. I'd like to hear what you guys here on the forum are running in your b-bodys what type of setups and if you have any pics. My one thing is when I decide to go with a certain brand I'd like to go with that brand for evrything, i.e. speakers subs amps. I dont like jumping around and having 5 and 10 different brand names. So any help here will be appreciated.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rockford Fosgate (x or q series) or Boston Pro's 6.5" componets are hard to beat. Both make a pretty good 6x9 also. What I did was ran two pairs of 6.5" componets, one for front and make some sweet little plates for the back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts