Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to slowly upgrade the tunes in my Caprice. I've been out of the game for many many moons,so with the new players I'm lost.I have a Pioneer deck I'll be installing,and I'm going to be using custom pods for my front doors so I can upgrade to a component system. On Fleabay there are what appears to be some deals here and there. I saw some components/speakers made by MB. Who is MB and is this a brand I might consider or stay away from? I also saw some Kicker components that could work for the fronts. I'm not going into competition or anything close to it. I want good tunes at a reasonable price. I will eventually have a custom box in the trunk for a sub/amp ,but nothing wild.Also since we have such a large dash,do you suppose if 3 or 4 tweeters were installed toward the front of the windshield,the sound would bounce off the glass producing good sound or would that be a waste of time? The reason being, my Dodge Ram has the Infinity sound system with 7 speakers,3 across the dash,I'm just say in,it sounds pretty good for a OEM unit.
Suggestions and comments would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Somebody always has an opinion.........

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
The mb is pretty low end stuff but it does not sound to bad for the price. I got some kicker separates off e bay and they sound ok . I think the older kicker separates were better , I really like the older mb quarts when they were made in germany before they were bought out by maxxsonics.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.