Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a 95 Fleetwood at the local pic a part, was wondering if the radio speakers are alot better than what i have in my 94 Caprice wagon i am building. Really don't want to go aftermarket, not big on cutting wires.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it. They're 15 year old crappy paper speakers. Get yourself a set of 6x9s for under $100. Don't be afraid to cut the wires. It's speakers...you don't need to be an electrician. ;)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Like he said...if your really anal about it rip the connectors off your old speakers and splice the wire from the new speaker into it

·
Registered
482 Posts
There is a 95 Fleetwood at the local pic a part, was wondering if the radio speakers are alot better than what i have in my 94 Caprice wagon i am building. Really don't want to go aftermarket, not big on cutting wires.

Pm sent i have a set of 6x9 kenwoods for cheap

·
Registered
16 Posts
another problem, the rear speakers in a FWB are not 6 by 9, they are rounder and will not fit in the standard cutout, I had mine replaced with kenwoods

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
another problem, the rear speakers in a FWB are not 6 by 9, they are rounder and will not fit in the standard cutout, I had mine replaced with kenwoods
Yeah, the stock speakers are like 10x6.5 or something. However, you can fit 6x9s. Only 3 of the 4 screw holes will line up, but they'll hold no problem. Otherwise, you need to find/make adapters or something. ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't recommend it. They're 15 year old crappy paper speakers. Get yourself a set of 6x9s for under $100. Don't be afraid to cut the wires. It's speakers...you don't need to be an electrician. ;)
Not afraid of wiring, i put a LT1/4L60 with its maze of wiring in my GN, and i am currently putting power bucket seats and power mirrors in my 94 wagon that had a non-power bench seat, standard mirrors. Just thought it might be a cheap way to upgrade the speakers. Never thought about cutting the wires from an old speaker, got a set of kenwoods laying here, good project for today to play around with. Thanks everyone for the info.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts