Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I put 4.10's in my rear diff how will this effect my speedomiter and will I have to change out the speedo gears?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Year of the car would help a whole lot. On the 94-96 cars the speedo calibration is in the pcm so you will have to get that reprogrammed. Don't use a Hypertech or anything like that either custom tuning is CHEAPER and will gain you a whole lot more than just speedo correction.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You've got to change the gears in the tailshaft housing of the transmission...There are two, and between the different gears for both, you should be able to get pretty darn close to what you need.

I'm not sure on the ratios..but you can do a search on the net and find the information..the gears are color coded. The outside gear can be changed just by taking the little cover off, but if you have to change the inside gear you will have to take the tailshaft off. (at least from what I know)

You'll also need to know what your rear tire diameter is, and what gears are in your car now...

Hope that helps...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanxxx seanu man im gonna leave that end to a professional lol the engine no problem I can do that myself but that rearend I am not about to jump in this one after reading the other posts on rear diffs in this site

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depending on the tire diameter, you may be able to just re-tune the DRAC module.........

Read me!

What size tire you running???

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was good I had never heard of or known what a DRAC module I havent started on my car yet as in 28 days I got to IRAQ just trying to get my stuff lined up for when I get back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts