Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if its possible to get a new SPID label? Even though my '96 Caprice has only 36K miles and grew up in dry AZ,the label is wrinkled and getting hard to read. I've been able to copy down all the info,but I'm thinking of selling the car in the near future and it would be nice to have a label that doesn't look like poo.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Spid

I don't know if you can get a new SPID for a car thats older then 10 years. However I can tell you that I have taken my VIN into the local dealer and had them run off the RPO sheet for the car. (Did it only last week). They did it in 30 seconds and did not charge for it. I know this is not a SPID label...but it is documentation from GM specific to your VIN.

Why not just call a few dealers and ask them?

Good luck.

JP

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. One of our local dealerships is pretty decent about customer service,so I'll give them a try. Has anybody seen heavy duty labels that could perhaps be run through a good printer and make a label myself?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.