Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my silver 9c1 just bought it it sets about 3inchs higher then my blue 9c1 in the rear do it have taxi spings or something it is much higher in the rear then the front any way i bought a set of rear impala spings i may just cut the fronts it looks strange any one else seen these jumbo spings before

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the real 9C1 police cars had much heavier rear springs. These springs were to keep a decent ride height when the trunk was full of "cop stuff" - video equipment, traffic cones, ammo, junk, etc... Where you and I usually load the trunk, go somewhere and then unload, the police 9C1 is usually never unloaded.

Some people who tow boats put these Heavy Duty springs on their Impalas. If you bought the Impala rear springs, you can get your car level by cutting the fronts. Just go conservative; you can always cut more, but you can't put it back...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can do it the cheap way and cut the rears. Everyone says its a safety hazard and you cant do it cause there progressive, but Ive proved them all wrong. e me if you want pix of the one that I just did Sun. [email protected]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hoosker, which corvette dress kit is that? LT4 or LT1? I know the LT4 is painted red like yours, but I didn't want to go through changing my valve covers to put the LT4 kit on. Any info would be nice. By the way, it looks nice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts