Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased some 2.5 spintech sportsman xl mufflers. They currently are on my car and they are a little too quiet for me going from no mufflers to these really wasnt what i wanted. So Im checking to see if any forum memebers would like to take them off my hand Im thinking somewhere in the ballpark of 175 to 200 for both mufflers they have a rough estimate of 50 miles at the most on them. Im moving up to pro street. So if you want them let me know and i can have them cut and replaced with the pro street at the same time

·
Registered
378 Posts
Do you know exactly which Spintech mufflers these re. I went to the Spintech web site and there are several models with Sportsman and XL in the title.
Ken

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
As an FYI on these mufflers, I thought I'd let you know about my experience with them.

I first installed the cat-back system from Dan/Clear Image back in 2009. The car had stock manifolds and catalytic converters. I too was disappointed in the sound of the system.

Once I installed Dan's Tri-Y headers with High-flow cat converters, the system brought on a whole new sound. I'm very happy the way the car sounds now.

So take that with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
FWIW I have the SpinTech Sportsman XL's on my shorty header, CATs, resonator 383/mild cam car.

I absolutely did not want the ProStreet loud. The Sportsman have a mellow tone if that is more of what you want.

I did drive the car with just dumps after the Sportsman and they were CONSIDERABLY louder than with the over axle/resonators on....so that would be a option if you had Sportsman XL and wanted them louder

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The part number to the mufflers I have are the Sportmans 3334XL ones. I have afterburner headers on my along with pypes x pipe, over the axle pipes, and Dans 22" or better tips the more I drive it the more it seem to come alive . Also the guy that posted with the 383 does the cam make them a little louder than stock lt1

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
. Also the guy that posted with the 383 does the cam make them a little louder than stock lt1
I wouldn't say "louder"...more so "cam lope" sound comes through

Loud...my 70 Torino 302 long tube header and cam car with 2 chamber Flow Masters with pipe to the rear bumper...Loud but I like that kind of loud cam lope sound on that car

The Sportsman XL's are on my Impala SS and for me I like the more mellow exhaust note for that car. Certainly not as quiet as stock but not as loud as Pro Streets. It is a noticeable exhaust note though

exhaust note is a personal preference so whatever one wants, there is a muffler & exhaust set up to accommodate

headers and cam certainly help exemplify the exhaust note regardless of what muffler used.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mufflers

The part number to the mufflers I have are the Sportmans 3334XL ones. I have afterburner headers on my along with pypes x pipe, over the axle pipes, and Dans 22" or better tips the more I drive it the more it seem to come alive . Also the guy that posted with the 383 does the cam make them a little louder than stock lt1
Are these welded into the existing pipes?
Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts