Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I may be keeping my 4" boston components... Buyer backed out :(

Can I run a 1:2 RCA splitter safely? Without power loss? Will I lose sound quality?

I was going to run the fronts to the 6"s in the doors, and split the RCAs off and make kickpanels or some other setup (currlently secret) for the 4"s.

Anyone looking for some Boston Pro 4" components?
Over $300 new, yours for $175

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anathor thing I can do is run both front and rear channels from the EQ to both of the front imputs on each amp. Set it for 2 channel and go to town
11 band customizable bands on the front 8 speakers! would that work?

I wonder if I could run the rear speakers off of the rear RCA from the head unit (EQ only has one input) :confused: I'd retain front/rear fade with this setup on the cdplayer itself.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greg check your amps, some amps have RCA outputs to daisy chain amps. To hook up that way you will need to run an RCA cable from one amp output to the second amps input.

The RCA splitter should not hurt anything, just set your gains right and you should not notice any differance.

It sounds to me that your EQ has one input and 2 outputs, you can go that route too. Depending on your EQ the second output is usually used for the sub amp and allows you to fade (ballance) the base to your liking :D

Hope that helps

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response.

A little more background, the EQ has 3 outputs, front, rear, and sub. The problem I was having was when I had the amp hooked up to the rear output from the EQ I had HORRIBLE noise/distortion. Everything worked GREAT before but for some reason, when I went from a single 4 channel amp to a 4channel amp and a 2channel amp, it went nuts.

I have tried to daisy chain through the 4channel amp before, and the sound quality and power that was output was noticibly lower than a direct RCA connection.

I am going to go forward with the 8 speaker setup in the front as I dont have a buyer for the Bostons :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I think you lose voltage on the RCA lines by splitting it, so just set the gains and that should compensate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts