Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok fellas i got the 9c1 in the paint shop and it should be done sometime next week. i have already contacted dal and got hooked up for the ss wheels. now i need some spring and shock advice. i have the 9c1 shocks on there now and they feel fine, but will eventually put the bilestein "stiffy" shocks or the monroe severe service shocks. i want the car to sit at impala ss height and have a nice tight ride. will be running stock size tires to maintain a comfortable ride, but i want it tight and snug to the road, BUT IT HAS TO SIT AT STOCK IMP SS HEIGHT.
what do you all recommend?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SS fronts or cut 1/2 a coil off the stock springs. SS rears.

If you want a bit firmer ride than now, get the ZQ8 bump stops, if you want a firm ride, but not harsh, get the Global West front springs.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will the combination of ss spring and bilestien shocks make for a nice sporty ride that hugs the corners.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I 2nd the GW springs, love 'em. Not too harsh even with the "stiff" bilsteins.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how is bump stops gonna effect the regular ride they only come into play at full compression and i hope your not there a whole lot ..lol

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bilstein "Sport" shocks with SS springs do a good job.

how is bump stops gonna effect the regular ride they only come into play at full compression
Think again...
ZQ8

1 - 6 of 6 Posts