Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be getting the front pair of Impala SS springs next week sometime for the Roadmaster in addition to already having the back pair from earlier on. I had just planned on swapping out all the springs on all 4 corners with the Impala SS springs and just getting rid of the Roadmaster springs all together. (I am also adding SS front and rear bars too) But after reading some posts the other day, I'm a little unsure about how I want to go about doing this.

Are the SS springs stiffer than the Roadmasters? I realize they are shorter, but are they any stiffer? I was reading about not wanting stiffer springs in the back for optimal traction. So would I be better off just adding the SS springs in the front and keeping the stock Roadmaster Springs in the back? (I think the SS springs would lower the car about an 1 in. or so) Or would I just be better off swaping out all the springs for the SS ones?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Matt

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They are stiffer, but only a little stiffer. You'll be fine for traction.

It's only when you start hitting over 190-200 lb/in rate in back that traction becomes an issue. SS rear springs re 160 lb/in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts