Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I got an email from the guys at Spring Tech and this is what they said the spring rates are
FRONT IS 485+- 25 BETWEEN 8" AND 9"
REAR IS 260-300 BETWEEN 7" AND 8"

ok so given this information can any body give me any more technical insight on these springs, they are a 2" drop

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes : fronts are only slightly stiffer than stock (and honest, TOO soft for that much drop IMHO). Rears are WAAAY stiffer than stock.

Net result : it's gonna ride, ummmm, how do I put this, ummmm, "very firm"
(aka like crap, if you value a plush "stock-like" ride whatsoever).

It'll handle better than stock, but honestly would have been better with those rear rates if they had used around 700 lb/in for the fronts.

As far as which bars to use with them, stock will be OK and Hotchkis could work. HA/HO rear bar (with pretty much ANY front bar) is gonna be WAAAY too stiff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like Joker, I had to ckeck into these springs. I posted a message about it a while ago but nobody responded so after talking to the guys at Sprint, I took a chance and ordered them. Hell, for $142 bucks to your door it wouldn't hurt much to try them. Got them in yesterday, they go in tommorow. Having some transmission problems so I'm going to take it easy when I take it out to test them. (See my "Drivetrain" post, "NETGEARHEAD.com" and help me out.) We can toss around spring rates and numbers all day but the truth is where the rubber meets the road. I'll let you guys know how things turn out tommorow. Any input on these springs, good or bad, would be appreciated. I know someone out there has these springs. Oh, I'll take some pics too. You guys may need to help me post them though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Jason did u get the springs installed yet I would like to see some pics and get some info on you about em

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the springs installed. They are fine. There is no rake it sits even. I was told they are exactly the sprint springs manufactured in the same place but without the name. Buy them I recommend it. Spring-Tech is awesome. Prefer them over my old Eibachs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.