Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Sprint Springs. Before I install them, I want to know a few things:

1) How is the ride? I have new Monroe
sensatrac Shocks.

2) How low is the ride? Does it look slammed
or just lowered? I have stock SS rims and
tires.

3) Has anyone springs every jumped out when
hitting a bump?

Thanks for your response.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Sprint springs will handle about the same as any other coil spring - Eibach, Hotchkis, etc. The Sprints are VERY popular because they are the lowest springs available for our cars. I would recommend a good lowered shock but you should be fine with those that you have now. As far as springs falling out of the rear during driving I have NEVER heard of this happening. I would be one of the 1st to hear about it.

Jason - Street Trends
760-929-4747

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dump the Monroes and go with a stiffer shock. Monroes are gonna be VERY underdamped in that situation, and result in a lot of bucking on any road imperfections.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright dude, here's the deal, here's a minor problem with SS's: High Centered Post

Other than mishaps like that, I lovem'. You do have to remember that it rides like a lowered car, but it looks baaad. With a custom wheel and low profile tire, up to 19's, you will most likeley scrape across speed bumps. I do, but it draws more attention to the car so I don't complain. Handling is pretty good, though I only have the original Grande Touring suspension to compare it to. Good luck!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tem and I love 'em. Lots of attention when sitting or driving. Yes it does ride like a lowered car, but it not bad. I also have stock shocks and bumbstops

1 - 7 of 7 Posts