Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Well the enedable has happened the boat spun a bearing.
With 72,000 miles and shifting at 6500 rpms for 4 years and the last 3,000 miles on juice it was bound to happen. Was interesting though. When it happened I was crusing at around 2000 rpms and the car started to miss badly and within about 10 seconds it began to knock. I shut it off imediatly and coasted into a gas station. After letting it cool I tried to restart it and all I got was a metal to metal sound without turning over. So I think a bearing has seized to the crank. :mad: Already have a new motor that will be ready in about a week. Hope to be back on the road in about a month. Getting mad about it doesn't fix it. All I can do is laugh rebuild it and go on.
HVY SS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thats the right attitude--there is nothing you can do so why get upset. Sounds like she served you well during your "wild and reckless" years and doing a transplant seems to be the decent thing to do. We all need a little rehab.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah you guys do have good attitudes towards it...way better than mine would be...Knightshade, which valvesprings were you running?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ironicly, I was running ported iron heads (and springs) I got from Hvyss a while back... he said they were good for .550 so I'm assuming they were the crane 309s... it's one of those weird synergies that both our motors died within a week or two of each others...

At the moment I'm debating rebuild versus CM Crate motor... wish to hell I had a garage available to me, I hate paying for labor...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.