Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently (started last month) my front end makes a bad noise from the front end on the drivers side when going over bumps. You can even hear it while driving 70 down the interstate and hit a dip or a mound. I had cut the front coil springs 2/3 coil when I did the lower ball joints and I think one of the isolators may have been partially in when I put it back together. I did this earlier this year and it didn't make this noise then. Last week as I was jacking it up to see if I could find the source ut did it then but I couldn't pinpoint it. My ? is well what could it be? Is it the shock? It seems to be happening only on the A arms moving downward stroke. Could it be the missing isolator?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jacked the car up last night and grabbed the tire and found no movement in the balljoint, checked the torque on the nut anyway and found it where I had torqued it to the first time. I'm about to narrow it down to shock or a-arm bushing. Leaning more toward the bushing. I may swap the two front shocks first. I looked at the bushings and a couple look like they are getting chewed up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...sounds like your front body bushings ;) If you put in new bushings, DO NOT use too much force or you can strip the mount bolts. You can order new 9c1 body bushings from DAL or your dealer. I would recommend replacing the front two body mount bushings on each side of the car. Of course you could do all of them. Should only take you about 7 minutes per bushing...one of the easiest things to do a 9c1. I had the same thing happen to my 9c1 (when I had one) after I cut my springs and installed stiff Bilsteins. The stiffer spring rate accentuates the worn out bushing problem. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.