Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to get rid of the suspension squeaks? It seems worse when it goes from warm to cool, but I'll notice when going over small bumps or turns I hear the squeaks, kind of annoying when you are trying to stunt.

What is it and how do I fix it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It might be the control arm bushings up front. I think it's the uppers that typically start squeaking.

On my 9C1 I used to squirt them down with either silicone spray or white lithium grease spray (can't remember), and it would go away for like a week.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a couple of things to do------------------------#1 turn up the stereo
#2 install a really loud exhaust system. ;)

Sorry for the bad humor. :D I have the same problem with a squeaky front end---I try to just ignore it. Besides its all brand new. The way my car feels when I drive outweights the squeak and my exhaust system does drown out a lot of the noise

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. I really hope you're not still rollin' on original 10+ year-old rubber bushings
!

2. What's been done to your suspension? As iiibdsiil stated, your bushings (but not JUST at the control arms) could be shot. You need to have those checked!

3. When was the last time your grease fittings were lubed? Unfortunately, not all oil change shops will lube the fittings.

4. Do your springs (front and rear) have coil isolators??? If not, the metal on metal movement whenever the suspension flexes will squeak like crazy
!!!

Good Luck!

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had a suspension squeak coming from one of the upper shock washers rubbing on my A arm. you might wanna check it out.. could be something as simple as that. With that rubbing it made a nice tweet tweet tweet sound.. LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by KW Baraka:
1. I really hope you're not still rollin' on original 10+ year-old rubber bushings
!

2. What's been done to your suspension? As iiibdsiil stated, your bushings (but not JUST at the control arms) could be shot. You need to have those checked!

3. When was the last time your grease fittings were lubed? Unfortunately, not all oil change shops will lube the fittings.

4. Do your springs (front and rear) have coil isolators??? If not, the metal on metal movement whenever the suspension flexes will squeak like crazy
!!!

Good Luck!

KW
1. Yes, I think I am

2. I've put in new springs (Eibach) and new shocks (Monroe SS)

3. I haven't lube anything....

4. Coil Isolators :confused:

I have so much to learn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.