Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 SS and I recently started hearing a squishing sound from what seems like under neath the dash behind the glove box. Sometimes I hear the sound and sometimes I don't. I had a mechanic friend of mine check out my drainage system but there was nothing in there. Can anyone help me please? This sound is getting annoying.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have good heat just try bleeding the air out of the cooling system. If your not familiar with how to do this check in the maintenace section plenty of threads on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a thought. There isn't much clearance between the rear of the glove box and the components behind it. You may find that something has worked a little loose and is rubbing on the rear of the box.
It's easy enough to remove the box. Open the catch and remove the 4 screws holding the cover to rail underneath. (May only be 3 screws)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like water sloshing around? Have you recently changed your coolant? You probably have air in your cooling system. How's the coolant temp? If it's high, this is another symptom of air in the system. It's a safe bet that bleeding your system will cure the sloshing sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.