Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what all of your opinions on getting an "SS" symbol on a billet grill for my Caprice instead of a bowtie. Kinda like how the Camaro SS has one right in the middle of its grill. I think it would look sweet if it was chrome too. Also what about a big Impala Deer on the back window? Do you guys like the older Caprice's with the body straight over the wheel or should I avoid that? What is a reasonable price for a 94-96 caprice with not too many miles and a good interior??

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am not to crazy about it, but its your car, do what you want to do with it. If it were me, and i was getting a billet, I wouldnt put any logos on it.

------------------

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SSDeet, you do know that the Impala logo is an African Antelope don't you and not in fact a deer which is a very common misconception.

------------------

95 9C1 BBB, stock so far underhood, Impala Cloned on the outside.
2000 Z28 M6, also black, also still stock.
1993 454SS, also black, way beyond stock, but still street legal.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSDeer:
I was wondering what all of your opinions on getting an "SS" symbol on a billet grill for my Caprice instead of a bowtie. Kinda like how the Camaro SS has one right in the middle of its grill. I think it would look sweet if it was chrome too. Also what about a big Impala Deer on the back window? Do you guys like the older Caprice's with the body straight over the wheel or should I avoid that? What is a reasonable price for a 94-96 caprice with not too many miles and a good interior?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMHO, the SS should be left to those with an SS.

As far as the '94-'96 Caprice, it depends on what you want. You can get a retired 9C1 police cruiser for as little as $3500 at auctions or thru a seller.

Civilian Caps usually vary w/mileage, but you can spend from $5k up to $10k-$12k.

Also, since you are new to the board, you may want to switch your name - if you own a caprice, it's not an SS. And an Impala is not a deer. So your name may tick alot of Impala SS owners off...

HTH...

------------------

[This message has been edited by ImpoSSter (edited February 02, 2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts