Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanna know how in the hell do you get the bottom of the grille to stay in place if the studs go through the holes where the nutplates go on to if you took them out. I mean if you put a screw in it still will wiggle due to nothing to screw it to as in a solid place. Help...Soon as I get a scanner my pics will be up.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the bottom of the grille isnt bolted down or anything, you put the stock screws in the top and than the nuts on both sides inside on the top, it seems wrong with them not being thearded on the bottom but it fits fine like this on my car and it isnt going anywhere, nor does it look like it isnt bolted down

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I put my impy grill on I just left the origenal screw tabs and scewed the origenal screws in through the back and they hold just fine.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
go to one of the better auto parts stores like carquest or napa and get what they call self cutting nuts. all they are is stamped metal. dont look like they will hold **** but they are exactly what is needed to hold those two big plastic studs on the bottom of the grille
hope this helps
john

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just took out the 2 big bolts on the top 2 corners and went to home depo for 2 wood nuts,I had to drill the hole in the hood a little bigger but once I did that they went on nice and tight.Not a problem one. And only cost me 0.39 cents.Cant beat cheep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts