Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.

i just got the SS rear bar for my caprice, the front is on the way (along with a trunklid, spoiler, and taillights
)

soooo what do i need to mount it? looks like i gotta box my lca's in to bolt the bar to them? have MIG and lots of different sized steel plate if need be so fab work isnt a problem. cant afford aftermarket.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If your Caprice came stock w/ no rear bar (mine didn't) you will need to get the mounting brackets (about $8.00 each - need one for each trailing arm). You will need to drill & tap your trailing arms to mount the brackets (or you can nut & bolt them). You will also need the nuts & bolts to attach the bar to the brackets. It's really a pretty easy (under 1 hour) job.

HTH

------------------
Jay - HOTSS
93 DGGM Caprice "SS"

An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world. A pessimist fears that this is true.

My Site:Caprice-SS.com
Mirror Site:www.geocities.com/caprice_ss_93

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those a dealer item i take it? anybody got a part number??

[This message has been edited by patgizz (edited December 03, 2000).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it is a dealer part (which translates as: "check with Dal & see how much he charges for them
). I can dig around and see if I still have the packages they came in for the part number... no guarentees, 'tho. However I can tell you that the 'official' name of the part is "Bracket Assembly, Rear Stabalizer Shaft". You will need two (one for each side).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pat:

What year is your Caprice? If it's a '94-'96, I'd be willing to bet that they used the same/similar trailing arms during the same years. Is there a hole already drilled at the top of the trailing arms? If not, maybe what I'm thinking of still might work.

I'm asking all this because I have a nifty way of mounting the HA 'clone' bar. If you are interested, e-mail me and I'll give you details.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.