Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Sshs 12??

EDIT SO THREAD MAKES SENSE:

From Don L.: I've taken the lead and and I'm running the Southern Super Heavy Shootout this year. You'll notice a few changes in the classes and there will be a few more T&T cars than in the past. The event website is up at sshs12.ecirs.org.

You asked for this event, now I need you to follow thru and register.

Reactions: BarryG

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Uh oh. It didn't say that when I looked back on July 1st.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
The talk around the Nationals is that there may not be a SSHS12. Paul will be talking to Bishop next week to get us all a final answer
cwm6 That doesnt sound good? Whats up with that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
No talk about it on the MM sites either.
Looks like it's going to take some hard work from the rest of us, Mr Bishop sounds like he has his hands full this year.
I have been one of the sponsors for the last 2 years and am more than willing to step up again this year but I have no clue how to organize an event like this.
I will be willing to do whatever I can to help keep this event up.
If anyone is willing to get the wheels turning feel free to PM or email me.

Gary Cannon
Cannon Marine

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
GASSIT has done a great job keeping the tradition alive. Is there still a chance to have an SSHS12, or has GASSIT decided to finally end it?

I can help if someone else wants to keep it going down south, be it GASSIT or some other group.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I would offer to help also but we would still need a few locally to help. I can think of several of us on here that have had events that we orginized and made happen. I think the best thing in this is the attendees are not the issue, it's just making it happen.

If someone takes the point and wants help just let me know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I sent an email to Jim Bishop last night, I believe he was on point last year. I am hoping to get contact info from him and I will take the project on provided I can get help with contact info.
I already have a financial commitment from mercurymarauder.net
as well as several of the last few years sponsors.
I haven't been able to find an active website for GASSIT. If anyone has an active link or contact info please forward it to me and I will contact them.

Gary Cannon
[email protected]

Yes I am the guy who blew up last pass at SSHS9..:mad:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yo Bishop !!!!!!!!!!!

Yo Bishop

Sounds Like The Boy's Want To Play !!!!!! What's Up For This YEAR?

THE BADDER BOWTIE

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,206 Posts
Big John there are some emails going around, we are trying to see if it will fly.

Basically GASSIT doesnt have the funds to lay out, and we need about $10K to do it right. Don did some math, you need about 6 sponsors at $500 each and then about 100 racers at $70 each. Or 70 racers at $100 each. Or 1 racer at $7,000. :D

Stay tuned, it ain't over til it's over!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,206 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hey Hey !!!!!!

All Right Who's Got The Lead On This !!!!!!!!! GASSIT Or Ford Boys ????

I Have Set Up This Race Up Several Years !!!!!!! GASSIT > There Hasn't Been A Meeting Or Cruise Or Circle Jerk In Years !!!!! GASSIT Means We Will See You At SSHS Whatever For The Next Meeting !!!!!!! One A Year !!!!! So I Guess That's Where The Communication FAIL'S!!!!!!!!!cwm9cwm9cwm9

I Will Take Up The Flag On This AGAIN!!!!!! But I Will Need HELP With The Short Time Frame Left. !!! So I Need To Know Who If Anyone Has The Track Line Up Or Did What So Far ?????

SSHS Will Never Die !!!!!!

THE BADDER BOWTIE

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,206 Posts
John shoot me your email, I will add you to the list, or just let me know it's the same one you've always had.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,206 Posts
1 - 20 of 290 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.