Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having my 94SS for 20 years now, I am the only one to have made changes to the car. On my 95SS which I've had for a few years now...its a different story. My son told me awhile back the door locks, interior lights, etc, were out and the fuse kept blowing out when he would replace it.

So finally I got around to taking a look at it, and sure enough it would blow the fuse, and sometimes it would work for a few minutes then blow out again. One time I could smell burning before the fuse blew. Finally we traced it to this little sucker.:)

Passenger side visor wiring was the issue. The car had been redone in a blue interior, and a new headliner, along with new visors had been put in and my guess is the wiring was not put back correctly by the shop that did the work, and had been rubbing in the metal roof area of the car. It took awhile to find it but am glad we did. It was really cooked for several feet, and my son did a great job splicing in new wiring all the way over to the drivers side B pillar.

The blue interior will be coming out, so maybe we'll find more gremlins along the way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
nice, im having an issue with my 95 ss, the dome light, rear lights where the coat hangers go and rear view mirror light all dont want to turn on. though on the rear view mirror, there is a green light i believe its green, that stays on when i connect it....im wondering if its the same issue due to the kid before me having the headliner off the car.

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
The fuse did its job and kept your car from going up in smoke. :). I've seen cars totaled from a fire due to shoddy wiring. :(.

Another common problem is pinching the wiring with one of the visor mount screws. I got my Overhead harness pinched by one of the screws on the driver side visor. Luckily, the display in the console had "SC" for short circuit displayed and I quickly found the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.