Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My oder at Jeg's for these has given me some new input about SSM. For one they are out of business and the Jegster shop has taken over building these control arms. I am waiting for them to ship since they have 1/2 of my order built(I think the lowers are done but the uppers aren't). I will keep you posted on this as I get more info or parts in the mail.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eric. I have this set up. SSM B-body liftbars and SSM G-body UCA's and it squeeks pretty bad. Solid bushings. This setup does eliminate the rear sway bar but it actually felt like the car was more solid , handling wise, after the install. The lift bars needed to be welded in ($80) so keep that in mind when cost is being considered. My car does launch better after the swap even with the bad posi and stock convertor, but many are doing as good or better with parts that bolt right in(METCO,BMR's etc.).

If I had to do it again I'd go with the Metco uppers and lowers with the instant centers for straight line performance. Joe Amodea. uses this set up and his "stock rocker" car's 60' speaks for it's self. HTH.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.