Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the polishing kits to clean up the SSteetlights? Mine are a little hazy, and they need to be stripped down this winter to get cleaned up. Somehow a big moth type thing got in and died, it looks terrible.

I just don't want to destroy these things, I've emailed mike at focus tech to see if any are still around.

· Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Focuztech has not been around for years.He,s no longer selling parts.

· Premium Member
1,127 Posts
I am sure they can be.There plastic so should work.As far as taking.them off the I am not sure.of.

· Registered
286 Posts
Oes anyone know if the inside housing of the Sstreetlights can be opened up and painted? I just bought a pair brand new house of color silver never installed and would like them black....can they be taken apart?

· Registered
844 Posts
yes, use a heat gun or hair dryer and soften up the top edge gooey black adhesive and pry open, then do bottom. Remove black plastic tab fasteners with clipper pliers first. I have taken mine apart to replace one of the halo rings a couple years ago. It's not that bad.

· Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone tried the polishing kits to clean up the SSteetlights? Mine are a little hazy, and they need to be stripped down this winter to get cleaned up. Somehow a big moth type thing got in and died, it looks terrible.

I just don't want to destroy these things, I've emailed mike at focus tech to see if any are still around.
Get ahold of me offline and I will try to help.

[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.