Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased some sstreetlights and need a wiring diagram. They came with the wiring below and since I've bought a Morimoto H9 HID kit w/heavy duty relay for the low beams...

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
you can pretty much just use the Harness from the SStreetlights. That was the Big Gun, super heavy duty harness that kept the lows on with the highs. HID ballasts can get their power from the SSlights harness as it gets its power from the battery, and there are heavy duty circuit breakers/relays inside the housing.

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
mine didnt have any of that crap. dont need it. just connect ballast that the hid came with to the low beem circuit and wire the other bulb to the high beem circuit. the turn light is obviouse. the halos to a switch or however you want them on.

looks like you have an extra light. fog light i guess. you could use one of the relays for that

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the responses; I'll see if I can use the BIG GUN wiring harness to run both HID low beam kit and high beams. I also plan on installing HID fog lights in my ultimate smoothie bumper so I'll see if the harness could support those as well. I just need to draft a little wiring diagram to help me visualize the install (always helps me out when wiring...)

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
mine didnt have any of that crap. dont need it. just connect ballast that the hid came with to the low beem circuit and wire the other bulb to the high beem circuit. the turn light is obviouse. the halos to a switch or however you want them on.

looks like you have an extra light. fog light i guess. you could use one of the relays for that

The first harnes looks to be for the halos. the second huge harness is designed to provide aqeduate voltage to the new headlight bulbs, and uses the stock harness as a trigger only. HID ballasts still do draw more amps on startup then halogens, and with the stock wiring on the b-body, would never recommend hooking them up to the factory wiring.

That bigass harness also allows the lows to stay on with the highs, draw direct power from the battery for optimal voltage, and gives you the proper H9 ends. Plus it's overbuilt and one tough SOB

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much were those lights from sstreetlights??
I JUST BOUGHT THESE USED FROM A FORUM MEMBER BUT, I'M SURE THEY WERE $1000+ NEW WITH THE HARNESS, LED MARKER, HALOS, CORNERS, ETC...

I LOOKED AT ALL MY WIRING FINALLY AND NOW SEE HOW I CAN USE THE BIG GUN WIRING KIT WITH THE HID KIT. IT SEEMS AS IF I DON'T EVEN NEED THE HEAVY DUTY RELAY WIRING HARNESS THAT I RECEIVED FOR THE HIDs; AS I CAN JUST USE THE SSTREETLIGHTS HARNESS. I'M CURIOUS AS TO WHAT THE 5th (BLUE) CONNECTOR IS ON THE HARNESS AND WHAT THAT HOOKS UP TO. ALSO, HOW DO YOU CONNECT THE LED LIGHTS (BELOW THE AMBER SIDE MARKERS)?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Those lights look good! They're rather hard to come by these days...

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those lights look good! They're rather hard to come by these days...
Thanks, I definitely got luck on these; especially with the heavy duty harness. With the help of Buffman; I know what I'll need to do to install these. I just have to figure out how I need to hook up the LED marker (bluish bulb in piaa housing below the amber turn signal) and the halos. I'm pretty sure confident that with the first harness I could run a switch on my dash to power halo's but, still not certain on the led markers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought my Streetlights new from FocuzTech and I have the installation guide saved on my computer. It will be late tonight but I can e-mail it to you if that would help.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought my Streetlights new from FocuzTech and I have the installation guide saved on my computer. It will be late tonight but I can e-mail it to you if that would help.

Yeah, that would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Hello not on this forum much these days. Primarily because of time workload and other pending projects and issues. I too am interested in an electronic manual / installation instructions. I also happen to have a set of SStreet lights. I am still deciding on what to do with the now spare set that I took off of my SS when I picked up and reconditioned another set from a fellow B body enthusiast.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts