Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After enjoying myself in St. Louis, I'm ready for the next MAJOR show. Is it going to be in Detroit? St. Louis again? or somewhere WE (ISSCA) have not been yet? If my memory serves me well,(to much CLOWN OIL LIMITED on Saturday night) I think I overheard someone or some people talking about maybe going to some place in Tulsa? If anyone has other ideas for next years major show, email your local ISSCA Rep. or BOD to let them know, so as to get the ball rolling.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i asked before i left and it was still up in the air. here are the few mentioned:
tulsa :rolleyes:
atlanta ;)
vegas (very slim chance due to possible low turnout) :cool:
st. louis (with us on our knees begging grail)

i say we poll and contact the local club of the winner to see if they are interested.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am with moose (by the way thanks a bunch for the taste of that killer limited) even with the bad luck i had going to st.louis, i would love to go back there!! please grail, do it again!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's time for a show west of the Rockies.
Or in the Rockies. The Mountains in June or July, it don't get any better. ;)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CHECKERED SS:
After enjoying myself in St. Louis, I'm ready for the next MAJOR show. Is it going to be in Detroit? St. Louis again? or somewhere WE (ISSCA) have not been yet? If my memory serves me well,(to much CLOWN OIL LIMITED on Saturday night) I think I overheard someone or some people talking about maybe going to some place in Tulsa? If anyone has other ideas for next years major show, email your local ISSCA Rep. or BOD to let them know, so as to get the ball rolling.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMPALAFEST 2003 :D You gotta hang with us in Arlington, one year.

This year was the first time in 5 years, that we had to move the date. But until I get hit by the Dr. Pepper soda truck, we will always set the ImpalaFest date for the last weekend in September. ImpalaFest will go on every year, til people stop attending. But so far, over 200+ attendees choose to keep ImpalaFest alive. You can always count on one major show, in Arlington. And that Crown Royal Limited is more like Gasoline and sugar. Very smooth, but STRONG ****, man.<laugh>

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Denver would be cool. A little easier for the west coast guys.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moose,

For 2003 us East Coast troublemakers are going to go to Impalafest. We'll swing by and pick you up on the way :D

Adrian- Get Ready. :D :D :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm all for Denver! Of course I suppose I should get off of my ass and join ISSCA. Colorado Springs/ Pueblo would be even better, with more shows going on, we could even look into getting PPIR, maybe turn a few laps, and have a show in the infield! Pueblo has a dragstrip too, not as nice as Denver, but easily aquired, I'm guessing. Just a few thoughts, I haven't been to a major event, so I'm not sure about what exactly goes on.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about Brainerd, MN?

www.brainerdraceway.com/

They've got a really nice drag strip and road course up there. Not to mention a bazillion family things to do and some of the best scenery in the Midwest. Right in the heart of the MN lake country. I know it's a way up there, but it's really no farther North than Arlington is South, plus it's pretty dead even East-West.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Minnesota is nice country! I'd go there. I'd love to see the looks on people's faces though if they came here to race, and the reality of high altitude comes across on their timeslip. One good thing about this place over the midwest though: no humidity.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HuSSker:
Minnesota is nice country! I'd go there. I'd love to see the looks on people's faces though if they came here to race, and the reality of high altitude comes across on their timeslip. One good thing about this place over the midwest though: no humidity.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the compliment! But we do have horrible humidity and mosquitos. :mad:

BIR is a nice facility and the road course is 3.1 miles! A downside is that the dragstrip is the long straight of the road course, so both events cannot be held at the same time. I haven't been there for awhile, so I don't know if or where they would hold an auto X? Maybe the Walmart parking lot?

If we go to Denver, I don't think we would have to bring the record books! ;)

After I2K2, I'm hooked on this road course stuff! :D

Randy

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't worry about the record book, we'll just have the calculators standing by, and we can apply NHRA correction factors to the times! :D I run a 15.7+/- a little here on a 98 degree day, that translates into 14.9 at sea level. There's more on this here: http://www.smokemup.com/auto_math/nhra_correction_factors.php

It would be cool to have everyone here, I'd do anything I could to hook things up on this end.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reno RODarama 2003 will be Father's Day Weekend, June 13-15 2003. Date is set in stone, more details will be available in early Spring 2003. As always, we'll have a killer car show (in the SHADE of a really nice park!) and neat Poker Cruise!

As far as "out west" national event, my vision (and this is NOT speaking as a BOD member or ROD member, just as an SS owner at large) would be for an event in either May or October 2004 in Las Vegas.

The event would be held during a week (Tues-Thurs....would allow travel from anywhere in the USA practically with only 1 week of vacation needed by event participants), and during those months to avoid the bad part of the summer heat.

Las Vegas has a comprehensive motorsports facility (much like GIR in St Louis) just outside of town where ALL the racing events could be held. Car show could be there as well, or maybe somewhere IN Vegas. And during the week, hotel rooms shouldn't be an issue.

If you want to fly in, lots of flights are available.

Not to mention, there is LOTS of stuff to do there for kids of ALL ages (including the ones under 18
).

Just some ramblings.....

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adrian Madkin:
we will always set the ImpalaFest date for the last weekend in September. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh well, looks like i'll miss that one every year...gotta date at indy that same weekend.

ed, how many show up at rodarama? i've heard quite a few people mention vegas as a good place to go (roll it in with a vacation for the better half as well). :cool:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AutocroSSer:
RAs far as "out west" national event, my vision (and this is NOT speaking as a BOD member or ROD member, just as an SS owner at large) would be for an event in either May or October 2004 in Las Vegas.

The event would be held during a week (Tues-Thurs....would allow travel from anywhere in the USA practically with only 1 week of vacation needed by event participants), and during those months to avoid the bad part of the summer heat.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only problem with that is those of us who are in college or have school age children wouldn't exactly have an easy time attending such an event. That's why the summer events work much better for the general SS population. I'd like to attend things such as Impalafest and the HOTSS spring cruise, but it's not exactly feasible due to them being during the school year. :(

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Perhaps we take one lap of gateway July 4th weekend 2003. It is a holiday weekend so we would not want to keep everyone for the weekend. On Sat. in the am. you road course, car show and sound off. in the pm. you drag race and auto-x under the lights. All events done in one day. What do ya think?
-Jose
Jose Hernandez
i2K2 Event Coordinator

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You need to add a "LEGAL" burnout competition!! FOR TULLY'S SAKE!! :rolleyes:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A big Impala show being held in LA, or the bay area is a sleeping giant. I got a gut feeling that impalafest, i2k2, hotss cruise, reno,dreama, or any other show that we attend, we haven't set our eyes on the world baddest SS's when it comes to shows and racing<maybe> As being part of the ISSCA group, we got some very bad azz cars in our group. But it's soooo many other SS's I see in magazines and so forth. Most of them are from California. I might be wrong. But a huge show in California could be the biggest Impala car show ever, it it's ever done.
If it's never done, I sure do understand.
Because I know putting on a weekend event takes WORK.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adrian Madkin:
we will always set the ImpalaFest date for the last weekend in September.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just so long as you don't plan the show on the same weekend as the USGP @ Indy, I'll be there, every year. :D

For a national show, I'd love to go someplace different, someplace new. Denver, Las Vegas, LA, or Atlanta all sound like winners to me.

I figure the Grail group won't do another show until I2K4 (2004). They do such a good job, I'd go right back next year. A 1 day show wouldn't be enough time though.

I should mention that the folks at the National Corvette Museum would love to have us back in Bowling Green. Facilities for autoX & road course are pretty much non-existent though.

One last thing, a BIG thanks to Moose for breaking out the Clown Oil Limited, smoooooth.... :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My vote goes for impalastlouie! I had a great time. Brainerd is nice too, but my first vote goes back to St Louis. And I agree with Margee Moe, need to have a legal burnout competition. I still dont think that would stop us though from some good rowdy fun in the hotel parking lot!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts