Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are both advertised as 2" drop springs, but are the ST's actually lower? I've got the Intrax on my '94 and when comparing it to pictures of the ST cars it appears higher. I'm still running the stock ZR4's so that's one logical reason for looking different than cars in sig pictures since those cars might have something else. My '94 also sat abnormally high when compared to my '96. My '95 is about in between the stock heights of the others. I have some NIB Intrax waiting to go on the '95 when it gets warmer, which leads me to the aforementioned question. I want to go lower than what my '94 is. Suspension wise (aside from springs on the '94) both of the cars are stock.

Any comments? If they ST's are in fact lower, I might end up putting the NIB Intrax up for sale.

Thanks.

------------------
Mike S.
'92 BBB Wagon - '94 BBB SS - '95 DGGM SS - '96 DCM SS
Iowa SS Group - Impala SS Club of America

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't have any experience with the Intrax springs as I have only used the ST's, but I have noticed that none of the lowering springs that I have tried actually dropped the car to advertised height. My rear ST springs dropped my car about 1.5" and my rear Eibach's dropped about .5". This could be due to my stock springs being worn. Have other people found there car's to hit the advertised drop with lowering springs?

------------------
1996 Impala SS
3.73 gears, Dynotech DS, S-10 TC, Fairbanks HD servo, Amsoil tranny fluid, SLP exaust, TB bypass, air foil, sewer pipe intake w/ 1LE elbow, HPP3 w/o tuning, GMPP 1.6 RR's with Crane springs, FLP headers, F-Body MAF, Moroso Blue Max ignition wires, Accell shorty platinum spark plugs, Herb Adams front and rear, Hotchkis uppers and lowers, Eibach springs, ES body mounts, larger 5/8" ball joints, ES front control arm bushings, Buick steering damper, Russel braided brake lines, combi brake mod, PF brake pads

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Mike

I have the ST springs and my car sits LOW. Too low for me in fact. I'll take some measurements this weekend from the hub center to the fender on each side.

I was thinking on getting some InTrax springs. If you do decide to sell yours, I'd be willing to trade.
-Ronnie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.