Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to reply to the forum threads, there are stalls, and I can not type for periods of time. There are delays, and the submit button will often cause the forum to restart, or not respond, erasing my post. The forum will stop responding, and I have to start over from the beginning.

Today the forum has decided to log me out every time I try to access from an email alert for a posting on a subscribed thread.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Not experiencing any of the exact same as you, but when logged out I occasionally am unable to get to the last "page" of a thread. I have gotten logged out at vastly different amounts of lag time - between 10 minutes and 1/2 a day - sometimes losing a long reply. Now, anything more than 3 lines and I copy my draft before hitting Submit just in case.

I get kicked out of Photobucket when trying to upload unless using a special routine they sent me. They're gonna have this internetual thing all worked out in 'bout 70 years. I imagine you got a preferred system-wide AV subscription. Mine logs hundreds of attempted invasions a day it seems. I do a Malwarebytes whenever mine gets wonky. It finds 2-25 PUPs every couple months. And of course I've got all the browser settings ratcheted up as high as possible.

EDIT: for this particular forum I've had times it would NEVER come up - perpetually cycling endlessly thru a dozen spam or adclick type web addresses in the corner

·
Administrator
448 Posts
When I try to reply to the forum threads, there are stalls, and I can not type for periods of time. There are delays, and the submit button will often cause the forum to restart, or not respond, erasing my post. The forum will stop responding, and I have to start over from the beginning.

Today the forum has decided to log me out every time I try to access from an email alert for a posting on a subscribed thread.
What kind of device and browser are you using? Have you also tried to clear your browser's cache to see if that resolves the issue?

Please let me know if you are continuing to have issues.

~ Glenda

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The logging in has been solved.

I still have issues with typing replies in forums. The browser will lock up, and I can not copy my text, or do anything. I am using Internet Explorer as my browser.

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
Have you tried using a different browser? I'm having zero issues using Google Chrome...

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not inclined to use a different browser just because one site does not work right. I just tried deleting some of the possible offending browser garbage, and it seems to work better for now.

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
Internet Explorer has had multiple vulnerabilities for years. I'm assuming a Windows 7 PC that wasn't upgraded to Windows 10 as well. I suspect issues with that browser to persist until it's no longer supported by Microsoft. Having another browser on your toolbar to experiment with costs nothing,and can be useful for seeing where the trouble(s) actually lie...

·
Administrator
448 Posts
Hey there

Is your IE up to date, version 11?
Do you have any add-ons or plugins installed on the browser? Be sure those are up to date as well.
Does the issue come up every time you try to reply, or only sometimes? Are you using Quick Reply, or are you using the full Reply ('Go Advanced')?
Are you on the Full skin or the Classic skin?

While it is true that IE will inevitably become obsolete, until such time that MS is no longer offering any support for the last version, our tech team is continuing to try and resolve any conflicts that arise between the forum software and IE.

Dayle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts