1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys quick question.

96 Impala SS Stock height.
Year old B HD shocks.
Currently with stock rims.

I found a set of 5x127 22" rims & tires I'm looking to buy & want to see if anyone has ran this set up before or has any thoughts on it.

Rear Tires: 295x30x22
Rear Rims: 10.5

Front Tires: 265x35x22
Front Rims: 9.5

Any rubbing issues or other concerns?
Thanks All!!

Owner says are on a stock height 96 impala currently with no probs.
Just want some of my fellow members ideas or info regarding before I make deal.

Thanks again!!

· Registered
711 Posts
I have 22s on mine with minor rubbing nothing too major. I have 22x11s in the rear. stock height. I am planning to lower it and add extended arms.

· Registered
848 Posts
Should work as long as you stay stock height. Might rub up front slightly on huge dip.s Visually it will look a little "off" because the front tire will look thicker (taller) than the rear.

Edit: nevermind just saw the the 295/30 rear tire size. Shouldnt look too far off from the front.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should work as long as you stay stock height. Might rub up front slightly on huge dip.s Visually it will look a little "off" because the front tire will look thicker (taller) than the rear.

Edit: nevermind just saw the the 295/30 rear tire size. Shouldnt look too far off from the front.
I'm deff going to stay stock height.
I do agree that it may look a lil off as the front tires will be thicker.
But I do wonder why people would run a +5 tire size up front.
I have seen (in very few threads) where people have done this.
Is there an advantage that I'm not seeing here?

· Registered
1,756 Posts
I'm running a 255/35/20 out front and a 285/30/20 out back. Side wall height is almost identical because of the width of the rear, the wider the tire, the taller the side wall. I'm surprised no one knows this in here.......ehhh hemmm.... Kurt. Your tires may be 1/4" if that shorter than the front but should still look proportional. Stock suspension, you shouldn't rub in the front, even over big bumps, the rear should be fine too depending on your offset. I used to run 265/35/22 all around on hotchkis springs with very little rub on the front going over big humps and, rears going up driveways at an angle(before extended rear control arms).

· Registered
1,532 Posts
I'm running 265/30/22s up front. 295/25/22s rears. Minor rubbing on the front but lowered 2". Rear used to rub and looked horrible off center so added extended rear control arms.

Most recently switched over to a 9C1 rear end. Eliminated any and all rubbing.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm running 265/30/22s up front. 295/25/22s rears. Minor rubbing on the front but lowered 2". Rear used to rub and looked horrible off center so added extended rear control arms.

Most recently switched over to a 9C1 rear end. Eliminated any and all rubbing.

Damn bro your DGGM looks AWSOME!!
I have a DGGM as well.
Changed my mind to Irocs from the thread I started here.
Want to run 265 35 22 all around.
Some people say 265 35 22 will be good & others say slight rub.
I see you went 30's up front with 25's on rear but you are lowered.
Any recommendations for my stock height? Will 265 35 all around be okay?

Again great job with your DGGM!!

· Registered
1,532 Posts
Damn bro your DGGM looks AWSOME!!
I have a DGGM as well.
Changed my mind to Irocs from the thread I started here.
Want to run 265 35 22 all around.
Some people say 265 35 22 will be good & others say slight rub.
I see you went 30's up front with 25's on rear but you are lowered.
Any recommendations for my stock height? Will 265 35 all around be okay?

Again great job with your DGGM!!
Hi, Sorry about the late reply. I traveled to Fl for a bit headed back to Wa in a few days. I haven't been on this site too much lately.

You should be fine running 265/35/22 all the way around. Good luck and thanks for the kudos on my DGGM. Post up some pics of your DGGM when available. thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.