Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Painless could do something for you, but a custom "direct fit" harness aint cheap!

FWIW you can make your own, thats what I did with my F.A.S.T ECU. I found the pinout four our stock PCM and modified the harness so everything would fit and look like stock.

You just need patience and the wirring diagram/connector pinout info.

http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/index.php

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Iam using a lt1 out of my 95ss motor ecm and harness with a 400 turbo
Installing it in what car? Forced induction or crazy high RPM?

I'd just gut the stock LT1 harness from all the connectors you wont need, get a good reprogram and a manual TH400.

Should look a little bit like this (plus an injector harness):

and this you wont need:

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Iam using a lt1 out of my 95ss motor ecm and harness with a 400 turbo
LOL.. I meant what car is it going into? Will the basic harness layout work i.e. is the fuse panel, firewall pass through and PCM location decent for what you are looking to do, or are you looking to custom fit it to your engine bay?

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Sorry its going into a 69 Nova
Unless you want to move the PCM location, it's a relatively easy harness to mod. The fuses and relays you need are already part of the harness, all the power wires going through the firewall are to power stuff in the vehicle, or go through the key switch. A few are wires for the ALDL and guages, check engine light.. yadda yadda. Really, it's less than 15 wires (maybe less than 10 it's been awhile since I customized and LT1 harness) and you are running.

If you want to eliminate stuff from the harness (And there are several things that can be eliminated), you can do it after you know you have the motor running. At that time, you can try to make the routing a little neater, the harness going over the intake always bugged the crap out of me.

A few of the LT1 rewires I have done.

92-93 LT1 Painless harness - repinned for 94-95 PCM's and wired into a Porsche 944.
LT1 in a 91 Caprice
LT1 in a 77 Caprice (OK, I started it, then sold it to another guy with more time..i.e. no kids).

I have done 1 LS harness, and am doing another one for my 94 Z71. Motor is running (2300 miles so far), but I have cleanup to do.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
try contacting "Aknovaman" here on the board, he can definitely hook you up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts