Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I do believe you've uncovered a topic that's NEVER been touched on in this forum! There's certainly no Stickie I recall ever coming across for this. I understand you're on your 3rd Impala SS now so good luck with maint. or repairs you're planning.

To answer your ques: forward of the bellhousing below cyl. 8 sparkplug.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
I do believe you've uncovered a topic that's NEVER been touched on in this forum! There's certainly no Stickie I recall ever coming across for this. I understand you're on your 3rd Impala SS now so good luck with maint. or repairs you're planning.

BOB!!!!!!!

To answer your ques: forward of the bellhousing below cyl. 8 sparkplug.
anyway, you da man.....

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
Resist temptation to ask where battery is located...

·
Registered
106 Posts
And if you're going to replace it, use the Corvette starter. I just did this using one from a 96 vette.
It's cheaper new, duralst gold is 116 bucks, its smaller, uses less current and spins faster.
Start up sound is different because of the above, some like it but I liked the quiter stock starter sound. The vette starter really gives off a pronounced gear engagement sound like it means business. Car literally starts with a flick of the ignition.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Resist temptation to ask where battery is located...
Good one. I would have probably thought of it too but I couldn't find my starter either this morning. Taking the body off the frame did me in for a bit.

OP. did you find what you needed?

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
...... Taking the body off the frame did me in for a bit. Mark: Snowman-33

Yes. I'm having off of body experiences more and more frequently myself. Nearly every morning now it seems.

FTR and BTW, there's been not a word about -why- the requested location of said starter. My initial reply is genuine interest to see where this is heading. I'm hoping for something along the lines of perhaps a starter relocation kit required for NASCAR boom tubes.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Yes. I'm having off of body experiences more and more frequently myself. Nearly every morning now it seems.

FTR and BTW, there's been not a word about -why- the requested location of said starter. My initial reply is genuine interest to see where this is heading. I'm hoping for something along the lines of perhaps a starter relocation kit required for NASCAR boom tubes.
For the latter: I too was waiting. Soooo-Drum Roll
Former. I'm resisting temptation 0:)>:) Hmmmmm Damn it: Blue Pill?

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
.....Hmmmmm Damn it: Blue Pill?

Well someone's mind sure is in the gutter. Kudos! But this ain't Misk so best keep id thread-related. Sorta.
BTW, no. Yellow. 20's. Cut in half or 1/3. Performance coupled with fiscal responsibility.

Mr.T-, all joking aside - what are you doing with that starter?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts