Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

STAY AWAY from: National Quick Start Sales

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  fuzzcar 
#1 ·
Folks,
This doesn't apply to a member he, but I wanted to warn everyone about National Quick Start Sales. They have a website dedicated to "#1 USA Built High Output Alternators, High Amp units, Conversion , Parts, Kits, Starters and More"

I bought a kit for my '98 Tahoe (Before I realized Jeg's had a 170Amp unit cheaper than the parts, but that's another story....) and got the wrong parts.

I tried contacting them for an RMA to get things back to them, and never got a reply. I tried a 2nd email, as well as their voicemail, and never got a reply.

I'm lucky I used PayPal, and would suggest folks to use them instead of a debit card, as they fight for you like a credit card company would. I opened a case with PayPal indicating I only wanted to return the parts and get my money back, but would never get a response from them, thru any method I tried.

Lat week PayPal indicated they opened a case in the matter, and left me instructions on how to return the parts, and I just had to update PayPal with tracking information.

This morning I got an email indicating "the case has been resolved in your favor and you have received a refund of $XXX.XX"

So a warning to all to never do business with this company.

I'll see how easy it is to contact the BBB and let them know about this, just since they were utterly useless once they got my money.

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
Good heads-up and interesting string. I've gone years NOT using PayPal after they demanded a cc as ransom. For any Ebay purchase I could get any legit vendor to agree just to hold my personal check until clearing before shipment. (and then none ever ended up waiting and just shipped immediately anyway). But I digress. Nowadays you can Ebay directly with a cc, with all its protection in cases like this. Years back PayPal used to be decidedly "seller centric" but it sounds from this they may have flip-flopped to the buyer's side? Or at least seriously weigh ALL details instead of defaulting to the seller?

I like that debit card approach you mention to limit exposure, but what is the allure with PayPal now that most all online (including Ebay now) accept cc directly?

#4 ·
One of the things I used to use all the time until about 8 years ago, was that I could create a 1-time use credit card for purchases.

It was thru my MasterCard, but it stopped being offered, as I guess it generated too much paperwork, even electronically.

THAT was how I used to pay for everything, so I could never have a debit or CC hit and steal everything.

#6 · (Edited)
Bob,
I got a card at WalMart. I just like the idea of having what I feel is more control over what's going on with my online purchases. It only costs me $3.74 for every $500 I put on it. I can put money on at other stores too. The down side to not using WM is that they don't give a balance and it's usually costs a little bit more. I guess it makes me feel a little safer too. I don't put my birthday or other personal info on my computer either. You won't see a happy birthday to me from the forum. It might not really matter but I prefer it. I forgot to add that PayPal does watch out for you. Awhile back I thought I found a good deal on a plasma cutter from Jeg's. It turned out to be a bogus deal and PP caught it and returned my money a little after I had ordered. One more thing about the PP. Many sites on Ebay only accept PayPal.

Mark: Snowman-33

#7 ·
I had problems with them as well. Ordered a higher output alternator for my truck. It failed very quickly. I actually started keeping a log of the phone calls I made to National Quick Start. Most went unanswered. Sometimes I would get voicemail and would leave a message. I finally did get a live person after perhaps 15 calls. Turns out an RMA number was not needed (as indicated in their paperwork) I just needed to send it back using my order number as a reference. Sent it back, watched tracking, waited for the repaired alternator for about 2 weeks. Finally started making calls again. Long story short: Finally got the alternator back and it lasted about 1 week before failing again. I ate the cost and ordered new from Rockauto.

#8 ·
W-O-W, that's just horrible. I was going to write that I thought it was great that you kept a log of all your correspondence with the company, and that it would make a great addition to the report I had filed with the BBB if another personal complained.

But after getting the email this morning from them, it seems like a waste of time....Oh well

Thank you for the information you provided regarding the above-mentioned company. Your correspondence was reviewed by the BBB on December 11, 2018 and has been assigned case# 37081592 in our files.

We appreciate your effort in bringing this to our attention. Information from the public is always valuable to us.

After review, it appears that we are unable to process this issue as a formal complaint. As a result, we will be handling this matter for informational purposes only, the details of which are NOT included on the company's BBB Business Review.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.