Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by 94cruiser:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by pimpallya59:
any prices yet? and no blue locks? then i want a gold one
what r u tallin about? </font>[/QUOTE]if you go to the link theres a black one , a chrome one , and a gold one ; no blue or grey like most of our interiors are. maybe you really want the gold one
to each his own i guess

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You think they'll be able to get powdercoated? I'm not sure if theres plastics inside holding something together or not.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys I am not trying to step on anyones toes but I am a dealer of these steering column protectors. You can do a search for steadfast under the GP section and find most answers to your questions. The column for the Impala and Caprice is slightly different due to the vats bypass. The Impala collar is shorter so that it won't interfere with the electronics. On the Caprice one it is the entire collar and you change out the cover for the key cylinder. The Impala one covers the important parts so that the column can't be pealed. They can be powdercoated if you sent it off. The black goes along with the Impala interior because of the other black and grey. The chrome and gold ones are for those that like the bling bling. One thing to remember is that if you have any problems in the column with the hazards or cruise/signal stalk is to get it repaired first. Once this collar goes on it is on, only way to get it off is with a special tool. It is pure steel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
These are pictures of my permanent STEADFAST steering column collar. I highly recommend it. I purchased it from http://www.steadfastautosecurity.com/blackpage1.htm . Click the pictures to enlarge. (Note the SSweet SSix SSpeed SShifter!!)

My car is a 1996 Impala SS. I painted the collar with some matching "interior gray" paint from Advance Auto Parts.

If you have any questions, shoot me an e-mail.

My car has had many attempted thefts... all unsuccessful. This is definitely worth the money. Now my car resides primarily in my garage where it is safe, dry, and carpeted!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had the steadfast on my 87 Monte Carlo, like southern comfort said if you do put it on make sure you have no problems in steering column. I had mine on for 2yrs before turn signal switch broke. When it is being cut off there is a lot of noise. Cutting is the ONLY way to get it off WITHOUT seriously damaging the the column. I have had a few attempts with no damage.
I would love to get one for my caprice but could not find the correct one. The person i talked to at steadfast must not know what they were talking about they said they dont make them for 96's.
What is the price. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My car is definitely a 96 (impala), so they should have a similar product for your 96 9C1. :D

I purchased mine shortly after the Tulsa Nationals where my car got broken into within 4 hours of being at the hotel! :mad:

Perhaps if you showed them the pictures of my 96 they would be able to tell you which one it is? I don't have the receipt or box any more otherwise I'd look it up and tell you the part number.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've had them on both my 1995 9C1s since I got the cars. One of the cars has an intermittent wire in the turn signal stalk, and I have put off changing the ts stalk because of the difficulty of getting off the Steadfast collar. They do work.

spoon -- Your 1996 9C1 will take the same collar as a 1994 or 1995 9C1. Just order one for a 1995 Caprice. When I got mine I had to talk to the owner – he was up on the 9C1/9C6 ignition lock, but his telephone answerers were less so. I might have the box still in the garage from one of mine. Give me a day or two to look -- it's cold here now, and it's almost turkey time.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.