Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dan has the stealth bolt on Ebay for $18 plus $3.85 shipping. 49 of them left 'cause I got numba 50.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For "Off Road USE Only.
At least now my car can climb those steep grades I could never go up before. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got one of those a while ago.. but I wonder, mine only came with one o-ring.. a nice CIA sticker is also included.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Beerbelly:
Mine only came with 1 O-ring too, but no sticker
It wasn't bought out of ebay
good to know I doesn't need another o-ring

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have an Impala SS. Just wondering how hard the install was from those that had already done it. Any difference in braking performance?

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got mine for the DGGM (DCM already has it). Gonna need to do the brakes soon anyway... Thanks Dan!

GoldHawg - Piece of cake! You just remove the current bolt (from the front of the small aluminum proportioning valve below the master cylinder), pull the rod from the valve and replace with the "Stealth Bolt". You "DO" need to bleed them when done (some have not, but it IS necessary)...

Definitely noticable performance. Far less "nose dip" on hard braking and much better control. Definitely worth the $20 bucks!

Tim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by SSuspect:
GoldHawg - Piece of cake! You just remove the current bolt (from the front of the small aluminum proportioning valve below the master cylinder), pull the rod from the valve and replace with the "Stealth Bolt". You "DO" need to bleed them when done (some have not, but it IS necessary)...
Yes, when you unscrew OEM Bolt, you'll remove a spring & red colored valve, then install New Stealth Bolt. EASY.

Then you MUST BLEED brakes before using vehicle.
Bleed in this order; RR, LR, RF, LF

You'll love the braking improvement.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not to take any business away from Dan or any other venders, but why not modify your existing bolt? Anyone want to send me their old ones?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Won't get one cause Dan never sent me the shipping cost. Been waiting his reply for 5 days and no reply. I guess he's too busy for doing buiness with people outside USA. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.